Planning for Retirement – Are you prepared?
Ask yourself these few questions:
1. Do I understand the range of options I have with my retirement savings and the potential tax consequences?
2. Do I know what type of investments I need and how to structure my portfolio in order to sustain my lifestyle in retirement (and not run out of money)?
3. Have I taken the necessary steps to minimize the tax bite when I begin to draw down my retirement savings?
4. Am I certain that my investment portfolio is protected against a sharp drop in the stock market?
5. Do I have the right type of health coverage to protect myself (us) as I get older?
6. Have I updated my will in the last 5 years?
7. Have I financially prepared for my need for long-term care as I get older?
8. Do I know how much federal estate taxes my family will owe when I pass away?
9. Have I effectively protected my assets so a long-term illness will not significantly impact my estate?
10. Do I know what tax liability I will incur when I sell assets (ex. a home)?
If you answered YES to all questions, then Congratulations!
If you answered NO to any of these questions, it is important for you to meet with a financial professional and address these issues.
Please call Rebecca or Melody at (641) 684-0368 or toll free 877-207-4614 to schedule an appointment.
For over 25 years, Bob Kramer has helped clients design cost-effective solutions. We have many tools available to help you get on track to preparing for your retirement.